Saturday, November 25, 2023

Coffee truck at IMMA

We sketched at Kilmainham Hospital, now IMMA (Irish Museum of Modern Art). It was cold, but the sun was shining, so I picked the sunniest spot, with a nice bench, because I'm not quite able yet to sit on my tiny fold-up stool. Got myself a matcha latte and set to work. When the sun went behind a chimney, it got cold, but it warmed up again after a few minutes. When I say cold, not that cold. It's the wind that makes it feel that way. I'm not wearing my warmest coat yet. I'm keeping it for December/January.

I couldn't resist the cute food truck! Much more interesting to me than all the arches. Although I did hint at them. Mind you, the food truck is designed to give you the idea of choice and independent coffeeshops. But I believe this is run by the same people who run the café downstairs, which is quite nice nowadays.

Was lucky then when Maggy offered me a lift home! It's wonderful to be surrounded by kind people!


Was all completed on location, from direct observation. The only thing I added when I got home was text.


Photo taken by Alice (I think)


And my own photo on location


No comments:

Post a Comment