Monday, April 18, 2022

War Paint

The Olivier Cornet Gallery currently has an exhibition by artist Conrad Frankel. It's called War Paint. And yes, it's about the awful war that Russia is waging against Ukraine. I went to the exhibition opening and I found it fascinating. Conrad Frankel normally paints peaceful Tuscan landscapes, interesting still lives, etc. But when the war started on the 24th of February, he decided to change his plans completely for the exhibition, and started painting non-stop, using war images from the news. The overwhelming feeling I had when walking into the gallery is that this artist suddenly felt he had so much to say about what's going on in Ukraine. Art can convey so much.

And of course I sketched. I sat in a quiet little corner and sketched the people who came and went, talked and looked.

Don't miss this exhibition. It's on until the 1st of May.


No comments:

Post a Comment