Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Brushstrokes

I'm in a funny place in my art journey. There was a time when everything I painted made me happy. I was learning so much and I wasn't too critical of my own work. Now I feel at the other end of the spectrum. I am so hyper-aware of the things I have learned but that I haven't been able to integrate into my art practise. And I am super critical of every piece. It feels like I have lost my mojo. This has been going for quite a while now, months definitely. Probably well before the Russian invasion of Ukraine. But it has certainly got worse since the 24th of February. How can I paint happy pictures when my mind can't unsee what I have seen.

But those of you who know me also know that I will just keep painting and drawing through rough patches. Even if I am struggling to find a focus.

This below is inspired by Eugen Chisnicean . I watched his videos. And now I am replaying them randomly and trying to imitate his interesting brushstrokes on the fly. This actually made me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment