Sunday, April 24, 2022

Top of George's Street

Stage three of our Journey South. From the corner of Fade street to the corner of Stephen's Street.

I am suffering from a serious case of sensory overload. There is so much I want to capture. But we have to keep on moving. So many details I have to skip over. I guess that the beauty will be in our collective work. But my neurodivergent brain struggles with everything that I want to include.

This side on Fade Street has the entrance to the Market Bar. But looking at Google Maps, the whole block appears to be connected. I would love to have access to the back of all of these buildings! What a treasure! And it's much more fun to sketch Victorian architecture than Georgian!!


Looking towards Stephen's Street Upper. The modern building on the right is Dunnes Stores' Headquarters. They are a big grocery store and clothes store chain in Ireland, and Spain too I believe. It looks like a vanity project, as the whole triangular bit that juts out appears to have no function, except for the odd employee to take personal phone calls there. 


Together


The Market Bar was strangely empty. All these empty bistro chairs. They serve tapas. It was just ok, food-wise. But we had a great time warming up and chatting and sketching there. It's a beautiful space. I think I did manage to capture the emptiness of it, and all the bistro chairs.


Colour was added at home. I wanted to accentuate the brick colour. Now I'm not so sure it was a wise choice.




No comments:

Post a Comment