Friday, May 21, 2021

Under the trees

I got my title for this painting, which also tells me I have decided on my focus - the foliage and the shadows caused by the trees!

I started the little postcard versions with a landscape format, but they were all over the place (Or maybe I was all over the place??). So, I thought, well, trees are vertical, so let's go for a portrait format.

If I remember well, this is a photo I took in Bushy Park. Which means it was morning (we used to walk Timber there in the mornings about once a week). So that explains the long shadows. Next, I need to think some more about how I will show the distance, and the detail in the foliage. I quite like the two versions I have down below here, but they're too abstract and two-dimensional. It's always a puzzle!



No comments:

Post a Comment