Monday, May 10, 2021

Quick sketches from the car on a rainy day

Bank Holiday Mondays are always a bit dead. We never seem to do anything special. And the city was emptier than usual in the morning. We did see one American tourist couple wandering like lost souls. All shops closed, restaurants and cafés only doing take-away, museums and galleries closed. And it was raining. Thankfully, as of today, things are re-opening gradually. Mostly everything by appointment. And the traffic is getting heavy already. Soon, we won't be able to go beyond our neighbourhood for our morning walks. That's the price to pay for freedom.

Back to that rainy morning. Brendan had brought something to read in the car while I did two quick sketches. Pen only. Not looking like much. Well, just the ghost city that was in front of my eyes. I added watercolour when I got home. I'm itching to be back sketching with friends again. I just have to be patient for a little longer. It's hard. 





No comments:

Post a Comment