Thursday, May 20, 2021

The light through the leaves

I do have a tendency to use the same colours all the time, don't I! I can't help adding turquoise to everything I paint!

Is this one going to be about the light streaming through, or the turquoise leaves that counterbalance the warm yellow with their coolness? I have no idea, to be honest. It could lead to two paintings. Right now, my heart is going to the turquoise leaves. (And of course you can't comment, because I never share the original photograph! But do know that I only paint from my own, or Brendan's, photos!)

I'm really enjoying playing with these little abstract squares to figure out what colours will work together!



Here is another experiment , getting a feel for how the colours mix together.


Yes, I often start with colour, rather than composition and values. But I have learned my lesson many times over, so nowadays, I do go back to thumbnails before I explore any further! As you can see, I can't decide whether to go portrait or landscape!


And I discovered a great Adobe site where I can play with split complementaries, my new favourite thing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment