Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Big Day

Vaccination day! I thought the day would never come. But it did, eventually. On the 15th of May 2021, I got my first jab!!
I knew that there would be a certain amount of queuing and waiting. So I brought my sketchbook! What a joy to be standing in a crowd and sketch! Yes, I'm rusty, but it doesn't matter. I will be sketching in the real world again soon!

It all happened fairly quickly - there was queuing outside under a marquee. By the time I had sketched the couple in front of me, the queue to the right of the barriers had gone already! And yes, he was one of those, with the nose sticking out of the mask - there was a man to my right who was the same. You'd think at this stage that people would make more of an effort, wouldn't you!


There was a fair bit of time at this point, after registration. And thankfully, the queue system was moving in pulses, so I had captive subjects for long enough that I could sketch them and the information boards before we all moved forward in one wave (well, the information boards didn't move!).


And then, when it was all done, I knew I would have exactly 15 minutes for my next sketch! All done and dusted in less than an hour. And the vaccination itself was done in the blink of an eye, so I don't believe any sketcher who say they sketched the experience live! Because the vaccinators won't have the time to stand around with the needle in someone's arm for more than 2 seconds! 
Great simple system for the end-waiting time. You get a sticker on the top of your hand with the time hand-written by one of the stewards. 8:50.
I probably should add these pages to my video diaries, shouldn't I??


 

No comments:

Post a Comment