Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Is it a rook or a raven?

Or even a crow?

I really must study the differences between these guys. And then the juveniles look different from adults too. I'm far from my target of 100 crows/ravens/rooks. I will work from photos, my own and plenty from the internet, and from videos too. I'm not sure I'm ready to sketch them from life. But after 100, I probably will have a better idea of how they look. The idea is to try out different pens and materials, and let go of expectation. I've decided to keep them all in the same sketchbook, which may be a little problematic - it's a Two Rivers studio pad book with different types of paper in it - some of the paper takes watercolour really well, some not so much. One of these impulse buys that sometimes makes me happy! Well, one way or the other, I will fill it with these clever birds!







No comments:

Post a Comment