Monday, April 08, 2024

The Iveagh Markets

I was told by one of our sketchers that this is part of the building used to be the laundry actually, with the Iveagh Markets just next to it. Although I do read it was built as accommodation for the market superintendent. I must find out more about it. I just loved all the angles going up and down and in and out. I worked hard at the perspective, although it's still wonky. Anyways, I used colour to distract, and also because I love colour more than line, let's be honest about it! Felt a great sense of community, as we were all sitting on the widened footpath. Yes, I know we're part of the gentrification of the area. But it is nice to be able to sketch in peace, knowing that you are surrounded by fellow urban sketchers! 

Hopefully some day in my lifetime, this wonderful building will reopen to the public, even if it is gentrified. Better than letting it decay and fall to pieces.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment