Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Sketching while watching art videos

I like sketching while watching art videos. Actually, I think it enables me to listen better... 

I'm on a few art journeys at the moment. Probably another procrastination technique, but that's another day's work. I am following Louise Fletcher and I am a member of her Art Tribe. A lot of her content is video-based, which is not great for me. My brain works better with written instructions. But she is a compelling speaker and there's always gold nuggets in her videos. 

So, on this occasion, I decided to sketch while listening. I started with blind contours of stuff on my desk, then Louise herself. After her while, I noticed how animated her hands are, so I sketched them on the fly, using a fine liner and a few Ecoline markers. I also took note of a few things she said that resonated with me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment