Friday, December 01, 2023

As One

I'm not normally a café sketcher. I do prefer to be outdoors, even when the weather isn't great. But my foot is still in a healing phase (I'm writing this on 24 November). Everyone tells me it will take 6 months. But my physio is happy with my progress. And so am I. I am moving better, but still not great at standing for a long period of time. And I don't think I'd be able to get up from my tiny sketching stool!

So I'm sketching in cafés at the moment. On this occasion, we were in As One, a really nice café on the quays. I started sketching at the front of the café, where lots of customers were queuing for their mid-morning break. But as more and more sketchers arrived, we moved to the back. Different colour scheme, different vibe. There was a table behind us - they were in very intense conversation. Well, I couldn't hear a word, but their body language seemed tense. One of them got up quite suddenly at some stage. I don't know if he just tripped on something or was making a dramatic exit. But I don't think he came back!



No comments:

Post a Comment