Friday, November 03, 2023

Following what I like

Too many things going on in my head. Better than too few. So Brendan brought home a few Halloween gourds and mini-pumpkins. And they were the perfect opportunity to try out tools that I find challenging, e.g. colour pencils, Pentel brush pen, fine-nib fountain pen.

I know I'm in an experimental phase when I have 4 or 5 different things going on. It's not necessarily a good thing, because my brain needs order or goes into panic mode. But it's exciting to know that there are many things that make me go "ooh, I like that, I should try to explore this". Normally, that's where it stops with me. I jump to something else, and that moment of clarity is gone forever. But I am exploring some of Louise Fletcher's videos and site and there is this idea of following an idea or a spark, rather. And see where it might lead me. 
And yes, I'm also doing Dolores Phelps's online workshop of wild watercolour (and ink!). So, don't expect any consistency from me for the next while.

 












No comments:

Post a Comment