Sunday, November 19, 2023

Clouds in Dun Laoghaire

15 November, and I still can't drive. Physio says I have to be able to stand on my tip-toes before I can drive. So Brendan gave me a lift to Dun Laoghaire and picked me up later in the afternoon. I am so lucky. And I know it. 

I found it hard to be back sketching. Don't get me wrong. I was delighted to see all my friends. But I struggled with a focus. I didn't know what stories to tell - there was just too much going on and I felt overwhelmed by it all. I wanted to capure the beautiful light in the sky, and the it started to rain (just a little) and I feel I was heavy-handed with the houses. When I got to the pub, I wanted to continue sketching in watercolour mostly, but I had no composition in mind. Then my dessert arrived, and I had to sketch that. And then I wanted to include Emma and Delphine - they look like angels looking over my chocolate and icecream dessert!

One thing I'm happy with is that I have moved back to the A4 format. I have a few smaller books I need to finish, and sometimes it's more practical to carry a smaller sketchbook, but I need the bigger format for my sketches to breathe!








 




No comments:

Post a Comment