Monday, November 27, 2023

Concertina practise

I have a collaborative project that will be developing over the next few months. It involves sketching in a concertina sketchbook, which is not a format I have worked in. Generally, I'm clumsy, so the idea of pages unfolding in the wind is a bit scary for me. So I've decided to practise at home first, working from Google Maps and photos I have taken myself. I want to work across two panels at a time, but not necessarily from the same view (weather might be an issue) and I want all the panels to be connected and read as a continuous panorama as you unfold the concertina sketchbook, even if the locations are not beside each other in reality. 

Here is where I am so far. And yes, it will be on the Beara peninsula! Can't wait to get there and sketch on location!







And a little video to give you a better idea of what it will look like

No comments:

Post a Comment