Monday, February 27, 2023

Outside the wall

For this section of our adventure following the medieval wall of Dublin, we went from Cornmarket down to the Liffey, via St Augustine Street, which would be just outside the city wall, if the wall was still there. Some apartment blocks bear the names that remind you of what stood there, like West Gate.

So, I documented what was in front of me, rather than imagining what stood there before. PS: it's not the most salubrious part of town, and while there were interesting buildings on St Augustine Street, I did not linger.


When I got to Usher's Quay, I stood by the river wall and sketched the dilapidated buildings at Number 3 and 4, and part of the post office at Number 5. I get the feeling that these buildings won't be there in 10 years' time.


I briefly met up with the gang, then went to Yamamori South City for a lunch of yasai tempura.



No comments:

Post a Comment