Thursday, February 16, 2023

Beyond the wall

We're continuing with our journey following what's left of Dublin's medieval wall. Again, I wish we wouldn't rush so much. There was interesting angles on Ross Road and St Nicholas Road, but I didn't have time to explore them. So I settled at a lovely cul-de-sac off John Dillon Street, called Power's Square. It's peaceful, with possible remains of the wall in the background, or at least the line  of where the wall used to run. And again, I turned my back to it and sketched the back of one of the house on John Dillon Street. I worked in pencil and watercolour, then extended the pencil a little at the end, and did another sketch in pen, at a different scale, but without changing location. So the corner in pen looks much larger than it actually is. I just love the angles of it all, the trees and the car parked further down.

I also sketched part of a fancy motorbike, but ran out of space and time, so I might have to do some work on that page before I show it to you.

It was a beautiful spring day, but by the time I was finished, I felt really cold. It's still only February.


No comments:

Post a Comment