Sunday, October 04, 2020

My Covid sketchbooks

Engineers without Borders Ireland have launched an interesting competition for artists. It's called Change: Creating a New Reality. Basically they want people to share a representation of their experience of Covid19. The idea is to start a conversation amongst artists, and that further will lead to a discussion about the climate crisis. And if you think your world has been affected by the coronavirus pandemic, just wait until the oceans rise, the forests burn everywhere (not just faraway places like the Amazon or Siberia), and the crops fail. 

So, here is my entry - my Covid sketchbooks. Make a cup of tea. Sit back. And enjoy. And remember, if I talk too much, you can turn the sound off!! And if you've been following this blog for a while, you have seen all of these sketches. But it's nice to see them all together. One of the things I miss the most about the pandemic is not being able to flick through someone else's sketchbook, and taking my time to look at every sketch and every story.

11 videos in this playlist. I kept finding more sketchbooks. I am a prolific urban sketcher. Don't feel you have to watch them all!! But some are really short, so why not!

PS: and just to be clear, I haven't caught Covid.

No comments:

Post a Comment