Monday, October 05, 2020

Just another stone in the wall

As I said already, Dublin is in Level 3 of Covid restrictions, so we're not meeting as a group for sketching until we go back to Level 2 (although there's now talk of the whole country going to Level 5 - that's not good!). The theme for the day was stone walls, in celebration of Feile na gCloch, which was online this year of course. Feile na gCloch is a dry stone wall festival that takes place on Inis Óirr every year. I've never been to the festival itself but my weekend on Inis Óirr a few years ago is unforgettable - what a wonderful place!

I can't leave County Dublin for the next few weeks, so I just drove down to Blackrock (Black Rock, get it?), parked the car and drew without leaving the car. This is not a dry stone wall of course, but these yellow stone walls are very common in Dublin, and I thought this was an interesting extension to a suburban house. I have to admit I didn't even notice the house itself. There are some beautiful homes around that area. I must go back and sketch some more.

So I sketched in pen and ink first, and added watercolour, while still sitting in the car, and chatting to a friend on the phone at the same time. Multi-tasking. I'm a woman. That's never a problem!





No comments:

Post a Comment