Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Life drawing - Anuta

We all have days like that - when nothing seems to work, when you feel like you just can't draw, when you doubt yourself and it paralyses you. Normally, at the end of a life drawing class, I'm on a high, and I want to share my drawings with the world. This time, I just wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear forever. Well, sure, it's not very encouraging to be told that your drawing looks like a Frankenstein!!! But I always pick myself up and get back in the saddle!! I think the main issue was that there weren't that many of us there, so he had time to come around and check what I was doing too often. So I got a lot of useful feedback, but it was more than my sensitive soul could take in one go! The more feedback I got, the more uptight I became!! Plus it was quite an intense session, with rapid dramatic pose changes, and constantly going from short to long and long to short!
























No comments:

Post a Comment