Wednesday, May 22, 2019

More people

I haven't stuck to People Drawing People, I have to admit. Too much going on. I'll get back to it later on. But I have done a few extra drawings while watching the videos. So here you go:

The artist I have found the most interesting so far is Felix Scheinberger - his style is so intuitive, almost to the point of scribbles, and yet when he draws a person, there is a likeness, which is my main problem when drawing faces. One comment he made during one of the interviews with Danny Gregory really  resonated with me. He said that drawing from a photo is not really drawing. But he did say that it's OK to copy a drawing to try and understand how it's made. Most of the drawings below were done from video interviews I watched on the computer, a few from life. and the last one is a copy of sketches by Felix Scheinberger!





I wanted to add shading, using water over ink. But the lips went a lot darker than I expected!

from life. Cats and dogs are always moving, even when they're asleep!


I kept on trying but it was a struggle. But using a video rather than a photo was a good way to practise

These are copies from sketches by Felix Scheinberger. I love his style and I must copy a lot more of his drawings to learn his secrets!



No comments:

Post a Comment