Sunday, July 15, 2018

Temple Bar Gallery and Studios



A great location for Dublin Sketchers - Temple Bar Gallery + Studios. We were invited by the TBG+S to take part in their weekend of art for everyone.  They gave us access to the best kept secret in Dublin - their 3rd-floor terrace with wonderful views over Bloom's Hotel, the Central Bank and even Ha'penny Bridge. And a deliciously-cool breeze on a hot summer's afternoon.
I started my sketch with paint only - shapes and proportions started to run away on me, so I picked up my pen to rein it all in! And then I quickly sketched a sketcher, and I feel it gave the overall view a sense of being on a balcony.
And since I tend to work relatively fast, I then went downstairs and sat against a wall and picked up one of my fountain pens to draw the people who were busy painting downstairs. I added a bit of water for shades of grey.
By then, I was ready to sit down and chat with everyone. A very happy afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment