Saturday, July 14, 2018

Life Painting

After drawing, painting, from a drawing or from life. I like it more from life - you can't beat the energy of a life model! It was tough to find the patience to get the drawing right first before jumping in with watercolours, I have to admit.

Done from two drawings. A bit stilted.

Done from life. Drawn first, then painted. This one looks a little brighter in reality

Also from life. This one needs a little more work to lighten some of my darks, particularly between the model's arms and her chest.

I had done my homework on mixing skin tones, and I had a blank sheet of watercolour paper beside me to test the colour before applying paint to paper. All good lessons learned.

A quick portrait of one of the other students. Her skin is actually quite pale, but it was a hot day and we were all sweltering!

No comments:

Post a Comment