Thursday, November 20, 2014

Documented Life Project - Week 41

The challenge this week was polka dots.

I used my small round puncher for this, using a mediocre gelli print. When I was finished punching, I realised that I had printed on both sides of the paper. And both sides of my polka dots were equally lovely. If I glued one side onto my page, I would be losing the other side forever! Too much of a dilemma for my poor nerves. I don't have a laminator, so that wasn't an option. I tried to capture the dots between two layers of acrylic medium, but that didn't work.

In the end, I decided to glue the dots onto acetate transparency, using acrylic medium as my glue. The result is a little bit smudgy, and not exactly in military order, but it works. Not as a frameable work of art. But as a journal page challenge, it's actually quite pretty.

Here are all the dots thrown onto a page:

And the reverse side:


And a close-up of one of the dots (isn't it so pretty?):

And one of the verso:

And here is the finished page with the flap closed



This is the reverse of the flap

With the flap open

And this is a view through the flap.
It looks better in reality!




No comments:

Post a Comment