Sunday, September 02, 2012

Frog vs Cat

I have no photos to prove it to you, but we had quite a big frog in our front garden yesterday!

BB had gone to the car to fetch something and had left the front door open, and I was upstairs, when I heard a screeching sound, like a hissing of distress. I ran down the stairs to investigate and found our cat poking at a beautiful frog. It was a good-sized frog, between 7 and 10 cm in length, khaki green with dark dots. It was trying to hide in the heathers, but our cat was intrigued, and would have poked some more if I hadn't grabbed him and brought him indoors straight away. Needless to say, he wasn't impressed, and spent the next hour running from door to door in the hope that I would let him out. By the time our cat was allowed outside, the frog had managed to escape, thankfully. I'm not sure where he came from. There is a big pond beyond our estate, an ideal spot for frogs most likely, but there are walls all around. And it would be a long way round. Unless a crane dropped it from the sky? An eventful day for that poor little frog, no doubt. I hope it survived and made it back to the ralative safety of its pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment