Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Red Sky, Red Earth

I'm juggling a few projects - the best way to operate if you don't want to get bogged down with a painting that's not going too well! 

This one I started on Sunday, and it's the one working out best so far.

A Gloss Super Heavy Gel from Liquitex mixed with yellow and white, applied with a painting knife, provides the underlying texture. Then, just two colours, cadmium red and process cyan, mixed with Liquitex Slow Dri Blending Medium.and Liquitex Matte Medium, applied with rough fan brushes I bought in Lidl a while back, and scored with a plastic painting knife. I'm now working on adding small touches of copper oil pastel.

Next, I'm going to experiment - I would like to achieve the same effect on a bigger scale - I need a wide piece of plastic and 3 bigger fan brushes, and a lot more Liquitex medium!

No comments:

Post a Comment