Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Clementines - The Return

In the meantime, I'm also working on Clementines - The Return. I applied white oil pastel to the background and  did another layer on the scarf. I am further than ever from the original colour of the scarf, but this greener version works quite well. I used a Liquitex slow-dri blending medium to give me more time to work the highlights and shadows. I mixed in a bit of matt medium to tone down the gloss of the slow-dri, but it's still quite shiny. It looks almost like velvet now.

Next, I'm going to have to tackle my Japanese plate. And I'm going to have to rework the background some more. And then probably apply a gloss medium over the whole thing. Right now, the clementines, the plate and the glass are matt while everything else is glossy.

This will keep me busy.

PS: just read the information on the Liquitex slow-dri blending medium on the website, and I have found that you can use this medium, mixed half and half with water as a fixative for pastels. I must get myself an atomizer to try that out! That would be ideal for my mixed-media projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment