Sunday, September 25, 2011

The last of the movies

These rugby matches on weekend mornings are a great opportunity for the likes of me trying to catch up on blogging.

Not too many more movies to cover, so here we go:

Watchmen: a super hero movie with a somber side. The superheroes are mostly retired, and one of them gets killed under suspicious circumstances. And these heroes have some dark secrets. Squeakly-clean they are not. Quite good, but probably not for those who have never watched a super-hero movie before.

Dodgeball: much better than I expected. Light, silly, family entertainment, plenty of laughs.


Duplicity: with Clive Owen and a too-skinny Julia Roberts. Both are spies who quit their jobs and move into the world of industrial espionage. Set in Dubai, Rome, New York and Cleveland, it's a complicated story with many jumps back and forth in time. I enjoyed it. I saw a review that said that Julia Roberts was curvier than in earlier days. Now, I don't agree with that statement. I think she looked too thin. But it just shows the pressures actresses over 40 must come under to stay in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment