Monday, June 13, 2011

Things you don't eat at home every day: yuzu cheese cake

Kyoto offered many delights, but the one sweet that sticks in my mind is an orange-flavoured-philadelphia-type-cheese-filled pastry. I have no idea what it's called. We came across it at a little stall in Kyoto station, and it was the packaging that attracted me, of course. A simple "kore kudasai" was enough Japanese to be able to buy them, and I didn't know how to ask "What is this delicious sweet called?" (that's advanced Japanese!). The only English on the packaging was the flavour, in this case, Yuzu, which is an Asian citrus fruit. It was sweet and light and fruity. I would dearly love to know what it's called and if I was to win the Lotto, I would arrange to have them delivered to me daily, all the way from Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment