Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nos enfants nous accuseront

I got this link from VĂ©ronique, and I have to share it with you. After seeing this, I feel more strongly about eating organic food now. I have to admit we don't always buy organic - the choice of organic vegetables in shops isn't great here, and organic chicken is very expensive. But really, it shouldn't be about price, nor about tasting better than non-organic, it's about it not containing carcinogenic chemicals.

I don't think this movie will show in all the big cinemas around the world, but hopefully, like Al Gore's movie, it will help galvanize public opinion enough to change things.

I read somewhere recently that bees in the UK - I think - are not producing honey this year, and there is a big shortage. And a lot of common birds just don't seem to be there any more. These are signs that things are not going well. And we can no longer ignore those signs. What worries me at the moment is that all governments are focusing on the economy - that's all we're hearing, and for good reason, of course. But when the focus is on the economy, the environment, and our health, will suffer. I don't have any children of my own to worry about, but we have 7 nieces and nephews. It's for them I want a safe world. I'm not a big campaigner or militant to change the world. But I can do my bit, by buying organic. I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment