Sunday, November 16, 2008

Any ideas for good books?

I haven't heard of any good book lately, so I'm down to re-reading ones I've read before. I've just finished Vikram Seth's A Suitable Boy (one of my favourites, this is my 3rd time reading it, and I enjoyed it as much as the first time - it's such a big page turner, at 1349 pages, and it has so many stories running through it, including some very interesting insights into India's political parties in the early years of independence, but don't be put off by those - it's also a darn good story. I'll read it again in a few years' time), and Alessandro Baricco's Silk (91 pages, and a lot fewer words, all in unexpressed emotions).

I found a BBC interview of Vikram Seth, which I'd like to share with you.

So if you know any good books, let me know

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:34 pm

    I'd recommend The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry and The Cloth Girl (I forget the author). I had both but got rid of a lot for a book sale last week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete