Friday, August 08, 2008

E-Day + 80

Busy day today. The place looks like a bomb hit it again, and I don't think we'll have the energy to clean up again at the weekend - plus there will be tradesmen here tomorrow, so there really is no point.

Stephen did more work on the decking - amazing how much goes into a decking - I would never have thought. Kevin was over with Stan and tidied up a good few bits and pieces and made us feel good about things in general. Stan even hoovered the stairs! And they sorted out the hot air tube for my new dryer, which was delivered today. So our shed is now looking like a proper laundry room!

Our doors were delivered. They are currently sitting in the extension, and will be installed on Monday, after the painter is finished.

Mark the painter and his colleague are making great progress with the painting. They were able to start yesterday afternoon, with one coat of white throughout the kitchen. Today, they were in at 7 am, and did another coat over the 3 rooms downstairs. They used their own mix for the colour we had picked, based on a sample we gave them. Apparently, it's scanned into a machine and a mix is produced based on that, but it's not an exact match. Brendan is a bit disappointed - he finds it too creamy. I, on the other hand, think it's just perfect. I think Brendan was hoping for a more minimalist white look, whereas I prefer something slightly warmer.

It's nearly 8 pm, and Kevin the tiler is still here, working on Brendan's bathroom, which will be done in the same style as mine - without the pink shower curtain, and with a devi mat - the equivalent of an electric blanket that goes under the tiling. I wasn't too gone on the idea of underfloor heating, so I opted out. If I change my mind, I can always take over Brendan's bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment