Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Nothing is Black

I just finished reading a book called "Nothing is Black" by Deirdre Madden. I don't remember buying it, and it must have been on the shelf for a good while. I'm glad I picked it up. It's a short book, but I felt that the characters were alive. I cared what happened to them - I guess that's the sign of a good book. It's set in Donegal - one of the characters is a painter, another is a wealthy and successful Dublin woman who is having a mid-life crisis, and the third character is a Dutch woman who lives in Donegal half the year. Through the story, the 3 characters get to understand a bit more about their own lives, and how to accept it.

No picture from the book, but here is another picture from the zoo - a white rhino - Dublin Zoo got three new rhinos from Kruger park in South Africa. They already have 2 rhinos - one of them is 30 years old, so I guess they are introducing these 3 new ones to bring in some fresh blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment