Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dead magpie

When I came back from my yoga class last night, I found a dying magpie in our front drive. It was a beautiful big bird, but he looked like he had a broken back - he was lying on his back, and he could just barely move his tail. I sent Brendan out to do the decent thing and help it die quicker.
I don't think Willow had anything to do with it - there were no feathers around, or any sign of a fight.
And today, I've seen a slightly smaller magpie hanging around our garden, looking up and down the length of it and making a low sound, as if it's calling out its mate. Maybe I'm anthropomorphising the magpie. I really don't know enough about their behaviour. I'll go and research more about and will let you know what I can find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment