Thursday, January 04, 2007

Back to the Gym

The last few weeks have been pretty bad in terms of exercise. Not only have I not gone for too many walks, but I've hardly gone to the gym either. When the alarm goes off and it's still so dark outside, we have turned around and gone back to sleep instead! Well, this morning, we have tried a new strategy: rather than try to get up at 6:15 (and fail every morning!), we set the alarm clock for 7, and we did manage to get up and go to the gym. It was lovely and quiet up there - it's an in-between time - and we enjoyed a light session to get back into the swing of things.

The gym we go to is Total Fitness Sandyford. It takes less than 10 minutes to get there - a big motivator for us. It's got good facilities overall, though I have to say that the changing rooms are not as clean as they used to be. They used to have an Eastern European girl cleaning there in the morning, and she was very efficient and thorough. Things have gone down since she has left. I have complained to the manager, but I can't say I've seen much of an improvement since I talked to him.

But overall, it's not bad, and I feel it really makes a difference for me. Who would have thought that I would become a gym goer?? If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said NO WAY!! I'm not fanatical about it - I like a gentle routine rather than a vigorous workout - but I try to get there 4 times a week. Our average in December probably got down to once or twice a week, so we have a bit of catching up to do!

So, that's my good resolution for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment