Sunday, December 03, 2006

Beta Blogger

I moved to the beta of the new Blogger application a few weeks ago. I had no immediate plan to play around with the design of my blog, but I just liked the idea of moving to the latest version.

Initially, my experience was good, but in the last 2 days, I haven't been able to add pictures, links or any character formatting in my posts. I normally do my blog from my Mac Mini, using Firefox. I just checked on a PC, and the features are working perfectly well in Internet Explorer.

I know it's only a beta, and cross-platform functionality is often lower in the priorities at this stage of software development, but I find it really annoying. I hate to have to move from computer to computer when I have my mind set on a task. I just get frustrated with having to accommodate the technology. As far as I'm concerned, the technology should be there to accommodate ME! That's the whole point of having a computer - to make my life easier. Not the other way round. And that's precisely why I just love Blogger. When I started my first blog, I was up and running in less than 10 minutes and everything WORKED. It was just like they said on the website - 3 easy steps and you're done. I'm sure this is only a temporary glitch!

Anyways, I'll now go in and add the pictures to my previous posts. Not much else to do on this wet and windy Sunday afternoon.

We went for a walk in Bray just after lunch, and I think we managed to catch the last bit of dry weather for today. There are storm force winds forecast - up to 140 or 150 KM/H! and the showers look like they're going to merge into rain. So I'm glad we got our bit of fresh air. We got battered by the wind, but we enjoyed our walk by the seafront - and Brendan took plenty of pictures of the waves!

No comments:

Post a Comment