Friday, September 20, 2024

Trying sketchbooks

I'm currently working in a Seawhite of Brighton sketchbook. The paper is so different from what I'm used to. It's cartridge paper, but it can handle watercolour surprisingly well. I just have to figure out how I sketch in it. I normally sketch across the full spread, but I'm worried about paint and marks seeping through the paper onto another sketch. I will just have to play with it and see what happens!

In the meantime, I have done colour swatches in a few other sketchbooks I have in my (rather large) stash.

Strathmore - love the paper, the colours, how the ink and pencils flow. Can't wait to take it in the field!

Handbook - another great one that would be perfect for travelling. Not too big. Colours look vibrant.



Stillman & Birn Epsilon - It's quite glossy and strong paper. But the watercolour goes funny on it. Will have to figure out how I work in it!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment