Monday, September 23, 2024

Objects and Memories

I haven't drawn objects in a few months. I did a lot of blind contour drawing earlier this year when I was in a bit of an art funk, but once things go better, I just sketch on the streets or paint watercolours in the studio. But on this day in August, I did, and it was fun. I was at the Olivier Cornet Gallery for a workshop with one of his artists and the theme of drawing objects that are connected with memories. So I brought a few Japanese items that I love and I drew them. I drew the same mug 4 times. Not that it looks the same! But it's fascinating to see what happened on the page as I was looking at it, holding it in my hand, and drawing it again and again. Then I moved on to other little items - a little Hello Kitty key holder. It's the cutest little thing. And I also used patterns from a face cloth and from a piece of fabric. Looking at the page, I feel I should have composed the page more, but it doesn't matter. It was really relaxing and fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment