Sunday, September 22, 2024

From clouds to mountains - two versions

Other thing I learned. I love rough paper (Arches) and I love super smooth paper too (Fabriano Unica). They just do different things! Both make me happy. Sky done very differently. Using Naples Yellow, Sennelier Warm Grey and Sennelier Grey (in the rough paper version anyway). I should post these separately on Instagram, as they both express a different side of me. Is there such a thing as being too versatile?



Here is how my wall is looking. And there are many other version in the stack. I should really get myself organised with a good hanging system. But then it wouldn't be me, would it?
All inspired by the same mountain at Lake Tekapo. There was non-stop showers the evening we arrived and the view kept changing. It was fabulous. I'm glad I took lots of photos when we were there, even if I am only looking at them now, a year and a half later!
And yes, the Fabriano Unica paper buckles. A lot. I will just have to flatten these when I have the time.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment