Sunday, September 29, 2024

Patrick Street - Timepiece and Bite of Life

A stretch of city streets that I never looked at before. Not far from St Patrick's Cathedral. It's a busy road, with traffic going by constantly and the footpaths full of tourists. Noticed the window of Timepiece, a beautiful shop that sells and repairs clocks. If you're reading this in 2050, you're probably asking "what are those?" If you're in 2024, you probably know what they are but almost certainly don't have one in your home! So I found it fascinating to look in the window and observe these timepieces! There were a lot of reflections in the windows and I couldn't see very well, but just enough to get a sense of their shapes, history and beauty. 



Then I went into the café next door, Bite of Life, to get away from the traffic noise and constant pedestrian traffic. Just had time for a basic watercolour shape sketch. Still getting to grips with the new sketchbook. I'm almost afraid to add pen and pencil on top of the watercolour for fear of tearing the paper. Will have to jump in soon. Can't spend my life in fear!




No comments:

Post a Comment