Sunday, November 20, 2022

Rosie's café

It was good to meet up with my fellow sketchers again after a long time. There was quite a few of us, so I didn't really get a chance to chat with everyone, but I feel so grateful for the friendship, kindness and laughter. Just what I needed to switch gear inside my head.

We were in Rosie's Café on Werburgh Street. It's a small café and I get the feeling that we displaced some of the regulars. But I have already been back there on my own, and I will be back again, as it's a really nice place, with gorgeous homemade food, and wonderful service with a smile. Whenever we go to a place like this, I always make sure to spend money in the place, i.e. not just buy a coffee and nothing else for two hours. I think we need to discuss this within the group, as some people don't seem to realise how hard things are for small cafés these days.

The lady on the left definitely looked put out by us. I never got to show her my sketch. She had beautiful nails. And the two men were enjoying their coffee and chat. I don't think they noticed me at all.


 
I always like to try different things. So I switched to a coloured pencil or two for my sketch of the chaos on the table and Laura's little boy, and Zuzanna's hands, busy sketching. I added light watercolour washes later on.



No comments:

Post a Comment