Wednesday, November 23, 2022

City Hall

Continuing the Journey West, at my own pace. 

The next stage for me, and I may still go back a few steps, as I keep discovering more, is City Hall. A fantastic building that dominates the landscape with its beautiful dome from many approaches, and yet, seems to disappear as you get closer to it. I had actually never been inside. And it's an amazing space with the cupola dominating the whole interior. Apparently, this is where O'Connell made his first political speech! I want to go inside and sketch. Hopefully there will be no wedding the next time I'm over!

For this sketch, I chose an approach that's not well known, standing on Castle Street and looking at the City Hall from the side, rather than the better-known Parliament Street view.

I need to reconcile myself to the fact that I can't catch up and enjoy the journey at the same time. One of the guys said something very insightful the other day. Something about connecting with myself, rather than the group or the journey itself. It certainly made me think about my own needs. I do love the social aspect, but I struggle with social interaction at the best of times. And this is not the best of times. So maybe I should just do what I want for a change. Even if I miss out on the chat and fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment