Saturday, December 07, 2019

Tea cup and teapot

I was getting frustrated with some of my teacup sketches, so I went back to basics and found some of Liz Steel's best tips on how to sketch your teacup! It's all about measuring at the start of course, something I had stopped doing over time!!
For these practise sketches, I used my favourite teapot and tea mug - I don't have any tea cups. I wish I could find a café that has interesting tableware - everywhere I go it's white mugs and metal, white or Suki teapots - not easy shapes to draw, and a definite lack of colour.
PS: I used a pink watercolour pencil for quick setup lines! And the white squiggles were added with a Uniball Signo Gel pen in the broad format - the fine tip never seemed to work so it was a revelation to try the broad tip (Another Liz Steel tip! Pardon the pun!).



No comments:

Post a Comment