Saturday, August 05, 2017

Tournesol

Still jumping around from one idea to another. And I haven't touched monoprinting this summer yet! It would be really useful to have another working table so I could go back and forth between watercolours and monoprinting That will require a serious reorganisation of my little room, though. I've looked at the Ikea website, and they don't have anything narrow enough for my room.

So, rather than trying to tackle the whole sunflower field and landscape, I turned a failed watercolour over and started painting this on the reverse. Exploring transparency and textures was so much fun that I've now started another version in a bigger format. I really need to start painting larger if I want to up my game. And summer is the time for playful exploration. No pressure. No targets. Just pure colour and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment