Thursday, August 06, 2015

On the bus

Lady on the bus, sitting in front of me.  I'm still quite anxious about drawing in public places. But I was sitting at the back of the bus, and nobody could watch over my shoulder.

The bus?, you're asking. I was in town at the Olivier Cornet Gallery - they're moving very soon by the way, from Cavendish Row to Great Denmark Street, a lovely big space besides Belvedere College. I had just seen the new space with Olivier, and I was getting ready to walk across town to the Luas at the top of Grafton Street, when I spotted a Number 11 bus stop - and there was a bus due in 5 minutes. So I had to try it. The bus is not the fastest, but it probably got me home in about the same time as it would have taken between walking and the Luas.

And I found it wasn't all little old ladies and foreign workers! Another prejudice of mine nailed on the head!

No comments:

Post a Comment