Monday, March 23, 2015

Stencils and Gelli prints

I had so much fun with these. I had come across this video on GelliArts' facebook page about using stencils with acrylic paint and a make-up sponge. Initially, I just wanted to try my dragonfly stencil on a scrap of Gelli print for a DLP project I had in mind. I happened to pick a "failed" round print (failed for being too boring - not a huge sin in itself, but for every glorious print, there is one that is just not quite as exciting. Or you could say that there are prints just waiting for further ideas from me). It was a green round print, and I used pale blue paint. It was lovely, but BB suggested brighter colours. I tend to favour subtle contrasts and muted colours, whereas he likes bold and bright. I wasn't  convinced, but I decided to give it a go anyway.

And I'm glad I did.


Round Gelli plate, dragonfly stencil, acrylic paint, and makeup sponges

No comments:

Post a Comment