Sunday, March 22, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 11 - borders

I know I know - I was giving out about the Documented Life Project - but then I have to acknowledge how much it's helped me develop my confidence in my own skills. And how great it is at banishing the fear of the blank page. And how it is non-threatening - "I'm not really painting anything that will be framed, so I can let myself go and explore without letting the little voice in my head tell me it's not good enough". Actually, isn't all successful art about fighting the little voice in our heads? I wonder do professional artists have the little voice in their heads too?

Anyways, all that to say that I went back to Week 11 and borders and explored the theme further.

Here is what came out of it:


I used one of my Gelli-print/brayer backgrounds, then I glued one of my echinacea prints.


Then I let myself go and doodled borders




No comments:

Post a Comment