Thursday, December 11, 2014

Books

I'm going to have to do the same for books as I did for movies. Not enough time to review each individually.

Game of Thrones - books 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5- I've been reading these for months now. Book 1 was a slow buildup. Books 2 and 3 were full of surprises - a twist in every chapter. Book 4 was a bit slow, and focused on characters I didn't really care that much about, apart from Arya. Book 5 is also slow, but back with all the people I love, so much more interesting. Mmmm. I'm a bit confused. Am I reading Book 5 right now? Did I miss one? Oh Dear! Now I'm finished Book 5, and the action did pick up very well, but I realise to my horror that that's it. There are no more for now. Oh, I do hope George R. R. Martin hurries up and finishes writing the full story. And I wish him long life!

Gone Girl - Woman goes missing. Her husband is the prime suspect. Very clever - amazing twist - good summer read.

The Interview - If you're interested in Eileen Gray, this is a fascinating read. Historical fiction that feels so real, it's like being inside Eileen Gray's head, and heart.

The Fault in Our Stars - A best-seller. Sweet story about a teenage girl with cancer. It's not because you have cancer that you can't fall in love. A bit YA for my taste, but a good read all the same

The Sea -Very serious. very rewarding. How the events of the past come back to haunt a man who's just lost his wife.

The Storyteller - Jodi Picoult at her best. A beautiful story set before and during the Holocaust and in the present day.

Hotel Iris - Interesting story of a young Japanese girl who becomes involved with a much older man. Very atmospheric and disturbing.

The Abduction - Great holiday read about a young girl who is abducted by a gang. Are they looking for a ransom? Will she live?

26a - Two little girls embark on the journey of a lifetime. One will come back broken. Starts light and happy and ends in tragedy.

Norwegian Wood - depressing story about depression.

Out of all the books above, the only two I would read again are Game of Thrones (because there is so much to take in) and The Storyteller (because it's such a good story).









No comments:

Post a Comment