Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Made with Paper - new colours and colour mixing

FiftyThree have introduced new colour palettes and colour mixing in the Paper app - this is very exciting. While it was good to have a limited number of hues - it forced me to be imaginative with what I had and also to focus on drawing -, I love playing with paints and I can see endless possibilities.

Following on their existing business model, there is a charge for this addon - but €1.79 is a small price to get all the colours of the rainbow at your fingertip - literally.

It's got me started drawing again! Here is a lovely cardi and skirt from the Boden 2009 collection, which I drew last night. I didn't buy the skirt, too girly for me, but the cardigan was a great purchase, lovely with a dress or jeans, light but warm. Perfect for balmy summer evenings, if only we had more of those in this country!

PS: I have a tendency to draw the models fatter than they are - I've never been good at measuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment