Sunday, January 15, 2012

Trees on an island

I have something like 80 pictures I took from that Yellowstone program, so bear with me. I probably won't paint them all, but there are some beautiful beautiful scenes that I have to share with you.

This one I painted after lunch today. I used the leftover paint from Autumn in Yellowstone, rich greens and reds, well diluted and I applied a quick wash, which I blotted straight away with absorbent paper. I repeated the process, and, interestingly, the part that I hadn't blotted out the first time came out lighter than the rest. It makes sense, as it was still very wet, but the effect surprised me all the same. I then went on to paint the island and the trees with the same colours. I did the water last: I re-wetted the bottom part of the paper and I applied the tree reflections wet-into-wet. It was all done in less than half an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment